Thank you for taking the time to pray. We know that the ministry activities that we are involved in will have little or no impact in the lives of people here if we don’t spend time in prayer. Because of that, we are very grateful for your prayer commitment.
- Please pray for Austin Hopson, Jordan Mayo, Ethan Mayo and the rest of the Heritage basketball team members and parents, teachers, coaches who will be traveling to Nairobi, Kenya, for a basketball tournament. Jonathan Mayo will also be accompanying the students. They are leaving early this Friday morning at 2:00 a.m. and hoping to be back by next Monday evening. Pray for safety and their witness for Christ to those they will play and come in contact with.
- Pray for Ray and Nicole Leisure as they have recently resigned from WGM and will be making many decisions about jobs, where to live, etc. Ask God to fill them with His peace during this transition time.
- Continue to pray for Jordan Mayo and Austin Hopson as this is their last semester at Heritage International School before graduating. They have some decisions to make soon about their future plans so ask God to speak very clearly to them about the direction He wants them to go. Pray also for their parents as they move toward this major transition in family life.
- Pray for the missionaries who are currently raising their support that they will be a blessing to those they meet with and the churches they speak in. Also pray for protection as they travel and for the health of all family members. (Burke, Guilliams, Lewis, Williams, Rambo, Searl)
- Continue to pray for the ministry of the Print Shop and for Kenneth Hopson as he is still having major problems with the equipment. Pray that God’s Name will be glorified in the situation.
- Please pray for Kaleb Hopson as he makes the transition to living in the States away from his family. Pray that he will always make godly and wise choices concerning his future.
Africa Gospel Church Uganda
- Rev. James Ouma will be traveling to South Africa on 14 February to attend a class that’s a requirement for his D. Min. program. He will be gone for 3 weeks so pray for him as well as his family while he’s away.
- The church is involved in a couple of legal issues, and they have been dragging on for some time. Pray that God will lead us to the right people who can bring a favorable and quick end to each situation.
- Pray that the AGC ladies in leadership will be able to develop a sustainable way to minister to the many women across the church.
- Along with the administrative responsibilities that the bishop and assistant bishop have, they are also working on further education. Please pray for God to sustain them daily and to take care of their families when they are in Kenya attending classes.
- Pray for strong marriages for the pastors and their wives so that they will be godly models to their communities.
- Pray that the pastors will be men of integrity in all of their business pursuits as well as church activities.
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s Spirit on the church as a whole that will convict of guilt in regard to sin and unrighteousness.
- Pray that AGC Uganda will become a giving church, seeking God’s kingdom of righteousness above everything else.
- Pray that the church leadership will be transformed by the renewing of their minds so that they can help themselves and the local people overcome a “poverty” mindset.
Heritage International School
- HIS is beginning the search for teachers to fill open positions for the next school year. Pray for God to direct in those who apply and those who will be chosen as the teachers play a very significant role in the lives of children.
- Pray for our missionary kids that they will be eager to learn and disciplined in their studies so that this school year is profitable in their lives. We have 2 seniors (Austin Hopson & Jordan Mayo), 2 sophomores (Emilee Hopson & Ethan Mayo), 1 third grader (Maddix Metz), 2 second graders (Caleb Hallahan & Sophie Metz), 1 first grader (Seth Hallahan), and 1 in kindergarten (Ezra Metz).
University Discipleship Movement
- One of the young men involved in leadership at United Faith Chapel will be getting married here in Kampala on 21 February. Please pray that Edwin and his new wife will begin their marriage with Jesus Christ at the center as they go through new experiences together.
- Pray with us that the alumni of United Faith Chapel would feel led to become actively involved in the UDM ministry through volunteering as they are able and supporting the ministry financially.
- Pray for Kelly Hallahan as she works to put together a prayer guide for university students. Ask God to give her His thoughts and that the Holy Spirit will give her creativity. Pray also that as this tool is introduced to the students that they will get a vision for what God can do as they pray and that they will be given His burden and be willing to bear that burden in prayer.
- Pray for God’s provision of another place close to the university campuses in Kampala which can be used for offices and small group meetings. The place currently being rented will only be available for the ministry to use until August 2015.
Community Health Empowerment
- There were 2 CHE trainings held in January and both of them went well. One was in northwest Uganda in Nebbi, and the second one was in Petete in east central Uganda. Please pray for a training which will be held her in Kampala next week. This will be the 4th week of training for this group coming, and they will be reviewing what they have learned in the past as well as learning how to farm God’s way. Pray that they will embrace the changes that are needed to live better and more fruitful lives in the Kingdom.
- Pray that as trainings are held here in Uganda that the power of God and the facilitators’ lessons will create an atmosphere in which people can grasp the idea that God has provided all that they need to bring change to their lives, their families, and their communities.
Print Shop Ministry
- Please pray for God’s favor and His timing for the addition that needs to be built to house the growing Print Shop ministry.
- Pray for God’s hand of favor to be on the Print Shop ministry and that God will give Kenneth wisdom to know which direction to go while dealing with the stress of multiple equipment failures.