Dear Praying Partners,
We have been blessed this past week by Pastor Rick and Janie Burkhalter and a pastoral team they have brought to Uganda. They have encouraged, ministered to, and prayed over missionaries. They have also lead a Pastors and Wives’ Conference for Africa Gospel Church. The Lord anointed their teaching, and the Holy Spirit moved in a wonderful way. Please continue to pray for this team as they minister here and in Kenya over the next couple of weeks. Also pray for the pastors and their wives who make great sacrifices to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Mayo's leave for HMA in January. The field desperately needs a treasurer/business manager right now so that they can receive training before we leave. Please continue to uplift this urgent need.
Thank you for standing with us and helping us to reclaim God’s territory,
How you can be Praying for WGM Uganda
Please pray for the physical & spiritual health of the missionaries & their families.
Southern Uganda Missionaries
· Jonathan & Lisa Mayo (Jordan & Ethan)
· Kenneth & Delight Hopson (Kaleb, Austin, & Emilee)
· Lisa Fish (Home Ministry Assignment)
· John & Beth Muehleisen (Home Ministry Assignment)
· Jean Komline (beginning her 3rd year teaching at Heritage)
· Karli Elsrod (teaching physical education at Heritage)
· Jessie Mittleman (teaching art at Heritage)
Northern Uganda Missionaries
· Billy & Joanna Coppedge (Elsie Jayne & Lucy Mae)
Eastern Uganda Missionaries
· Michael and Brenda Guilliams (Luke - preschooler) working in the Jinja area in pastoral training/community health and development
New Missionaries Preparing to Serve Throughout Uganda
· Josh and Kelly Hallahan (Caleb & Seth - preschoolers) will be the chaplain at Heritage International School, working with university students
· Scott and Meg Rambo (Timothy - preschooler) will be in Arua working with the Coppedges
· John and Nancy Ferg (Carly & Jamie - both in high school) will be in Kampala helping with youth/university ministries and maintenance.
· Matt and Joy (Morse) Burke (Judah & Lily - preschoolers) will be working with pastoral training/community health & development
Uganda Field Pastors
· Rick and Janie Burkhalter (visit Uganda missionaries twice each year)
Ministry Prayer Request
· The Uganda field has an urgent need for a business manager/treasurer. We don't have anyone at this point to fill this very important position.
· The income tax situation at Heritage is still unresolved. Please continue to pray for God's intervention.
· Please pray for the MK’s during this school year: Kaleb (10th grade), Austin and Jordan (8th grade), and Emilee and Ethan (6th grade).
· Please pray for the Fergs as they transition to a new ministry. They will be working with Michael and Kay Johnson in Philadelphia with a ministry called Out of Nazareth while they continue to raise their support for Uganda. Of course, they are disappointed that they haven't been able to raise their support for Uganda yet and have had to take this detour.
· Billy and Joanna Coppedge praise the Lord that they are now back in Arua after HMA and are getting resettled and reacquainted with people. Pray specifically for the key relationships that Jesus wants them to develop during this term of service.
Ongoing Prayer Requests for the Field
· Please continue to pray for the field housing situation. With rent increases and more missionaries arriving, the need for affordable field housing continues to remain a need.
· Please pray for the pastoral training program in 2010. The training syllabus is being updated and revised to a new discipleship/scriptural knowledge/leadership model.
· The Africa Gospel Church will be going through a time of transition in 2010 as they will soon get their registration from the Uganda government. They will be learning how to govern themselves as well as how to budget the church's finances. This is a huge step in the life of the Africa Gospel Church.
· Pray for the Community Health Empowerment ministry (CHE) that was launched last February. Pray that those involved in this ministry will be true servants of Jesus Christ and will help lead not only their local churches but also their communities toward transformation.
· Please pray for the youth pastor’s training as well as a devotional book that is in the works for the youth who are away at school.
· Please pray as we continue to look at new areas for outreach. New ministries have already begun in South Sudan. We are now looking at ministry opportunities in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and 5 strategic locations within Uganda.
· Please pray that the Lord will provide 42 new missionaries in the next 10 years to meet the needs of the expanding ministries.
· Please pray for the printing ministry that Kenneth and Delight Hopson are involved with. The print shop touches every area of ministry of WGM in Uganda.
· Please pray for land to be purchased to build an Urban Center or to be able to purchase land with an existing building for multi-purpose ministries in Kampala. This Urban Center would be a place for the 600 plus students from 11 African countries in the University Ministry. It would be a multi-purpose building for a church to reach professionals, a place to begin businesses or to rent out to other businesses to help fund the ministries of the church.
· Please pray that God will provide the necessary resources to meet the needs within all of the ministry opportunities.