Monday, June 25, 2012
Sunday, June 3, 2012
As you can see from the list, there are many praises and prayer requests this month. Keep praying! God is at work across Africa.
How you can be Praying for WGM Uganda
Ministry Praises and Prayer Requests
- Josiah Rambo’s birth went as scheduled and he is now home in Arua enjoying his parents and brothers as well as a visit from his grandparents
- The Arua team will host its second facilitators training school in orality 18-24 June. Thank you for praying as the pastors from Southern Sudan travel down for this event. Pray for translation to be smooth as well as cultural barriers to be removed as we walk forward in learning to train others in learning the stories of Scripture.
- Please do pray for Beth Coppedge as she continues to battle breast cancer. She will go to the doctor June 6th to find out the way forward with treatment. She has had surgery and found the cancer was more extensive than first imagined. Thank you for your prayers for peace and healing!
- Please pray for the CP 26 person team hosted by Kenneth and Delight Hopson coming 5th June – 22nd June. Pray for safety, good health, changed hearts and that the team will be a huge blessing to many.
- WGM is praying for wisdom and seeking to develop the internship program at UFC/KIU. We are praying for students to be called by God, equipped and sent out to universities across East Africa. We are praying that by the end of this year 4 interns are equipped and resourced to go out to another university beyond KIU.
- We are praying for consistent pastoral leadership here at UFC/KIU. Kennedy Kirui continues to be a valuable resource as we seek to grow the university ministry and we are seeking the Lords wisdom and guidance as we partner with Kennedy
- Be in prayer for Raymond and Nicole Leisure as they wind up their HMA and get ready to come to Uganda in August.
- The AGC Uganda church leadership team needs prayer (Bishop Masiga, Rev. James Ouma, Rev. Emmy Mugisha) as they have many responsibilities. Pray that God will raise up more leadership in the church.
- The field wants to mobilize more prayer warriors to join us in praying for the ongoing ministries. Pray that we will find creative ways to engage new praying people and that God will give the desire to pray for Africa to many in our supporting churches.
- Pray for wisdom in how to foster the next generation of church planters.
- The printing ministry has grown by leaps and bounds and Kenneth now needs more space. Pray that God will provide the funds needed ($10,000) to build the addition.
- Pray for 300 new youth converts across Uganda during this year and at least 100 to actively participate in a discipleship program.
- The Rick Morse family, the Matt Burke family, John and Beth Muehleisen, and Anna Leon (VIA) will travel to Arua on 2 June to facilitate a CHE TOT 2 for people from Nebbi, Arua, and South Sudan. Pray for the Spirit to anoint the sessions making things easy to understand and for the renewal of minds so that transformation will take place in individuals, and ultimately, communities.
- Jonathan Mayo, Rick Morse, and John Muehleisen will travel to Burundi 12-15 June to facilitate a CHE Vision Seminar. Pray that those involved in catch the CHE vision and what God wants to do in their communities.
Please pray for the physical & spiritual health of the missionaries & their families.
Friday, June 1, 2012
- Serving the Lord- it's not about geography! Great post on serving God right where you are.
- This family is just too cool. They have created a 5 DVD set of missions curriculum for your family, homeschool, or Sunday School! Check out the Wild Brothers!
- Do you work with student leaders? Check out these resources! For sale and for free!
- Going on a mission trip this summer? Check out these resources for pre-trip and post-trip!
- Think you can't be an intercessor? These orphans in India are claiming lives for the kingdom through prayer walking!
- Want to change the world? Start with the life of a child! 1 for 50 has resources to train you in how to disciple children.
- And don't forget about WGM's resources!