Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Prayer for Those Going and Staying

Today Scott and Meg Rambo (and baby Josiah), CT and Jon Mayo travel to the Democratic Republic of Congo.  Aunt Kelly and Uncle Josh Hallahan will watch Tim and Ben Rambo as they stay behind.  Asking prayer for each family represented and the ministry that will take place on the road and on the home-front.  


As I spent time in the word this morning, God gave me a prayer for this Survey Weekend.  Join me in praying Psalm 27 over each one who is going, and each one who is staying!

Lord be their light and their salvation;
There is none to fear.
The Lord be the strength of their life;
We are not afraid.

When the wicked come against them
To eat up their flesh,
May their enemies and foes,
stumble and fall.

Though an army encamp against them,
May their hearts not fear;
Though war may rise against them,
In this may they be confident.

May they desire one thing of the Lord,
That may they seek:
May they dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of their life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,

And to inquire in Your temple.
In the time of trouble
Will you hide them in Your pavilion?
In the secret place of Your tabernacle
Will You hide them?
Set them high upon a rock.

Lift up their heads above the enemies all around;
Therefore we will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
We will sing, yes, we will sing praises to the Lord.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”

Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

When Tim and Ben's father and mother leave,
Take care of them as You have promised.

Teach us Your way, O Lord,
And lead us in a smooth path, because of our enemies.

Do not deliver them to the will of their adversaries;
For false witnesses may rise against them,
And such as breathe out violence.

May they not lose heart,
help them believe
That they will see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

We wait on the Lord;
We take courage,
And You will strengthen our hearts;
We Wait on You and we trust You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know you are praying! Jot a quick prayer for us. Or leave a request of your own. We are so glad we can partner together for the kingdom!