Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fight the Good Fight

I once was told that I had a fighter spirit in me. That I do not give up and have determination for
the cause. My cause for so long has been about Africa. How God miraculous sent us here and how God had shown me that I was to return. My story has changed and grown, but my cause for Christ has not. If anything it has grown. Uganda is now my home and as many have felt, it is hard to leave home.

The Pastor that spoke at one of the African Gospel churches reminded me of what my daily cause here in Uganda and even when I am back in the United States. He used the following scripture:

“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” I Timothy 6:12 – NIV

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
2 Timothy 4:7 – NIV

It has reminded me that I must continue to stay in the Lord, by learning and studying more of his word, praying, and being in fellowship with other believers. I have to prepare the way for the Lord to lead me in the mission he has for me. I can’t just sit on the sidelines, ask a prayer and expect it to happen. I have to be ready to daily pick up the cross and follow Christ. Satan wants to distract me in anything I do. Even keep me busy doing work for the Lord, so that I don’t spend quality time with Him. We all have a fighting spirit for the cause in us. To spread the word of Christ and his redeeming love and grace, to everyone we meet.
by Nicole Leisure
read more from the Leisures on their blog
http://www.thecalloftheshofar.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know you are praying! Jot a quick prayer for us. Or leave a request of your own. We are so glad we can partner together for the kingdom!