Thank you for the investment of time that you make on behalf of WGM Uganda. Please pray especially for several important business meetings for the church and the mission that will be held this month and next.
|Current WGM Uganda MKs on the field|
- We are praising the Lord for some new additions to our Uganda team of missionaries. Lisette Lewis will be coming next year to help with children’s ministries in CHE and HIS, and Brady and Alicia Searl are looking forward to working with university students and with students at HIS.
- Pray for the missionaries who are currently raising their support that they will be a blessing to those they meet with and the churches they speak in. Also pray for protection as they travel and for the health of all family members. (Burke, Leisure, Lewis, Williams, Rambo, Searl)
- Pray for the ministry of the Print Shop and for Kenneth Hopson as he has been dealing with many equipment issues (computer hard drive failure, backup hard drive failure as well, printer failure) this last week which has really forced a slowdown of what he has been able to accomplish. And he has a full printing schedule! Pray that God’s Name will be glorified in the situation.
- Rick and Janie Burkhalter will be in Uganda for a field pastoral visit with the missionaries November 6-16. Please pray that God will give them wisdom and discernment as they meet with various missionaries.
- Please pray for Kaleb Hopson as he makes the transition to living in the States away from his family. Pray that he will always make godly and wise choices concerning his future.
- Pray for Ethan Mayo who broke a bone in his hand last month while playing soccer. Pray for complete healing.
- Please begin praying now for church leadership elections which will be held in November and December. Area overseers will be elected in November, and the bishop and the general secretary will be elected in December. Pray for godly men and women to be elected to all of these positions.
- Pray that the AGC ladies in leadership will be able to develop a sustainable way to minister to the many women across the church.
- Along with the administrative responsibilities that the bishop and assistant bishop have, they are also working on further education. Please pray for God to sustain them daily and to take care of their families when they are in Kenya attending classes.
- Pray for strong marriages for the pastors and their wives so that they will be godly models to their communities.
- Pray that the pastors will be men of integrity in all of their business pursuits as well as church activities.
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s Spirit on the church as a whole that will convict of guilt in regard to sin and unrighteousness.
- Pray that AGC Uganda will become a giving church, seeking God’s kingdom of righteousness above everything else.
- Pray that the church leadership will be transformed by the renewing of their minds so that they can help themselves and the local people overcome a “poverty” mindset.
Heritage International School
- Pray for our missionary kids that they will be eager to learn and disciplined in their studies so that this school year is profitable in their lives. We have 2 seniors (Austin Hopson & Jordan Mayo), 2 sophomores (Emilee Hopson & Ethan Mayo), 1 second grader (Caleb Hallahan), and 1 first grader (Seth Hallahan).
- Pray for the sports teams as they compete in Finals on Saturday! Several Heritage teams have a shot at the championship!
University Discipleship Movement
- There have been many visiting students at UFC/KIU this semester. One lady stood to introduce herself on 2 November as a visitor and stated her desire to become saved. Laura Oyieri, one of the leaders, then prayed with her. We praise God for a new sister in Christ!
- Kennedy Kirui and Josh Hallahan will be traveling to Nairobi Thursday, November 6 through Saturday, November 8 to visit with Nairobi Chapel (a church that has a great internship program) and the Kenya UFC Alumni. They are hoping to gain wisdom from Nairobi Chapel as they seek to move UDM forward especially in regards to funding/training for the interns. They are also praying that the alumni would feel led to become actively involved in the UDM ministry through volunteering as they are able and supporting the ministry financially.
- There will be a UDM board meeting on November 21 which will include representatives from WGM Kenya and AGC Kenya for the first time.
- The UDM leadership is working to come up with a 2-3 year curriculum to use with university students that will bring spiritual growth; but more than that, will lead to reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ working in Africa’s marketplace once they have earned their university degrees. Ask God to grant wisdom in the decisions that need to be made.
- Pray for God’s provision of another place close to the university campuses in Kampala which can be used for offices and small group meetings. The place currently being rented will only be available for the ministry to use until August 2015.
- Praise the Lord with us as 8 students were baptized this past Sunday
Community Health Empowerment
- John and Beth Muehleisen will be traveling to Tonj, South Sudan, on November 13 for about 2 weeks. They will help to facilitate a CHE TOT 4 and a CHE Facilitators’ Workshop during that time. Pray that those involved in the training will be enthusiastic and that language differences will not be a problem.
- Pray that as trainings are held that the power of God and the facilitators’ lessons will create an atmosphere in which people can grasp the idea that God has provided all that they need to bring change to their lives, their families, and their communities.
Print Shop Ministry
- Please pray for God’s favor and His timing for the addition that needs to be built to house the growing Print Shop ministry.
- Pray for all the Print Shop equipment as Kenneth is facing many technical challenges.