Dear Prayer Team,
I want to highlight Winnie Mugisha and her children in this prayer update. Winnie’s husband, Emmy, was one of the leaders of Africa Gospel Church, and he died unexpectedly 2 and ½ years ago. At that time, I remember praying with Winnie and claiming the promise together from God’s Word that He takes care of widows and orphans. Last Saturday was a red letter day for her and the children as they moved into their very own house after having been living in one small room. The house isn’t completely finished, but it is at the stage where they can live in it. Our Father has provided and continues to do so as they put their trust in Him. Rejoice with Winnie at the great things He has done for her and the children.
- The missionary kids return to school after their Christmas break. Pray that all of them will have great relationships with teachers and students and that they will be disciplined in their school work. Pray especially for Jordan Mayo and Austin Hopson as this is their last semester before graduating.
- We are thankful that Rick and Teresa Morse and their children Ki and Zuri arrived from the States to help out in ministry here for 6 weeks.
- Michael and Brenda Guilliams welcomed Joel Michael into their family this last week. Pray for this family as they adjust to life with a new baby and also raising their support to return.
- Pray for the missionaries who are currently raising their support that they will be a blessing to those they meet with and the churches they speak in. Also pray for protection as they travel and for the health of all family members. (Burke, Guilliams, Leisure, Lewis, Williams, Rambo, Searls)
- Continue to pray for the ministry of the Print Shop and for Kenneth Hopson as he is still having major problems with the equipment. Pray that God’s Name will be glorified in the situation.
- Please pray for Kaleb Hopson as he makes the transition to living in the States away from his family. Pray that he will always make godly and wise choices concerning his future.
Africa Gospel Church Uganda
- We praise the Lord that church elections went very smoothly. The bishop and general secretary were both re-elected. Pray that God will give wisdom and direction to all of the church leaders.
- The church is involved in a couple of legal issues, and they have been dragging on for some time. Pray that God will lead us to the right people who can bring a favorable and quick end to each situation.
- Pray that the AGC ladies in leadership will be able to develop a sustainable way to minister to the many women across the church.
- Along with the administrative responsibilities that the bishop and assistant bishop have, they are also working on further education. Please pray for God to sustain them daily and to take care of their families when they are in Kenya attending classes.
- Pray for strong marriages for the pastors and their wives so that they will be godly models to their communities.
- Pray that the pastors will be men of integrity in all of their business pursuits as well as church activities.
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s Spirit on the church as a whole that will convict of guilt in regard to sin and unrighteousness.
- Pray that AGC Uganda will become a giving church, seeking God’s kingdom of righteousness above everything else.
- Pray that the church leadership will be transformed by the renewing of their minds so that they can help themselves and the local people overcome a “poverty” mindset.
Heritage International School
- HIS is beginning the search for teachers to fill open positions for the next school. Pray for God to direct in those who apply and those who will be chosen as the teachers play a very significant role in the lives of children.
- Pray for our missionary kids that they will be eager to learn and disciplined in their studies so that this school year is profitable in their lives. We have 2 seniors (Austin Hopson & Jordan Mayo), 2 sophomores (Emilee Hopson & Ethan Mayo), 1 third grader (Maddix Metz), 2 second graders (Caleb Hallahan & Sophie Metz), 1 first grader (Seth Hallahan), and 1 in kindergarten (Ezra Metz).
University Discipleship Movement
- Pray with us that the alumni of United Faith Chapel would feel led to become actively involved in the UDM ministry through volunteering as they are able and supporting the ministry financially.
- Pray for Kelly Hallahan as she works to put together a prayer guide for university students. Ask God to give her His thoughts and that the Holy Spirit will give her creativity. Pray also that as this tool is introduced to the students that they will get a vision for what God can do as they pray and that they will be given His burden and be willing to bear that burden in prayer.
- Praise the Lord that two new people have felt called to participate in the university ministry. Pray that God will build His purpose into their lives.
- Pray for God’s provision of another place close to the university campuses in Kampala which can be used for offices and small group meetings. The place currently being rented will only be available for the ministry to use until August 2015.
Community Health Empowerment
- John Muehleisen, Rick Morse, Jennipher Wasirimba, and Gideon Mwema traveled to Nebbi, Uganda, today. They will be facilitating a CHE TOT 4 this week. Pray that God will help those attending to understand what is being taught and that they will see how they can implement the things they are learning into their lives and communities.
- Pray that as trainings are held here in Uganda that the power of God and the facilitators’ lessons will create an atmosphere in which people can grasp the idea that God has provided all that they need to bring change to their lives, their families, and their communities.
Print Shop Ministry
- Please pray for God’s favor and His timing for the addition that needs to be built to house the growing Print Shop ministry.
- Pray for God’s hand of favor to be on the Print Shop ministry and that God will give Kenneth wisdom to know which direction to go while dealing with the stress of multiple equipment failures.